Friday 2 August 2013

FUNGHI A LA JO

I'm not much of a cook, but I am proud of myself for devising my very own recipe. Real chefs among you won't be overly impressed, but suffice to say that one of the dishes accompanying every BBQ I've made this summer has been a recipe concocted by yours truly. What's more, it's been a veritable hit.
It's a cheat of a dish, but who cares? The reaction from consumers has been unadulterated thumbs up, followed by the unlikely question (those who know me well know that I don't cook): "How did you make these?"
Normally I try to distract from this kind of questioning because normally anything I serve up that tastes special usually isn't made by me at all, but posh-shop bought and passed off as my own.
But with this particular dish I have positively REVELED in the disclosure. So, here it is:

Recipe for Funghi a la Jo

Ingredients: Large flat mushrooms - however many desired
                  Shop-bought pesto sauce

Preparation: Wash mushrooms, place upside down on heads, liberally spread pesto sauce on their undersides. There is no such thing as too much pesto in my opinion.

To cook: Place on BBQ until done.
               Alternatively these can be oven baked or oven grilled.

And hey presto. You have a lick-lipping dish which has guests asking for seconds.

Any other easy BBQ recipes very welcome - please leave a comment. I'm going to try to remember to take a photo of the mushrooms tomorrow night to post for all to see.

To return to Jo's website click on link below:
www.jokessel.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment