Tuesday 26 March 2019

ANTARCTICA - WHY AND HOW TO VISIT THE SEVENTH CONTINENT!

Back in November I went on one of the most exciting voyages I have ever been on - an expedition cruise to Antarctica. My children were so jealous I was going. Not only would I be able to see penguins in their natural habitat, I would also be visiting a continent very few people ever get to see.
Stepping foot on land in Antarctica was a surreal moment and I've documented it in many videos I've recently posted to my YouTube channel Go with Jo: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1Q28t30k-o99Ijzoiox11Q

Some of the videos are about the penguins I saw:

Other videos are about my mad attempt to try the polar plunge - yikes, that was COLD AND HURT!: 
And some videos are general about the whole expedition cruise and Antarctic experience - I travelled with a Norwegian cruise liner called Hurtigruten which was awesome and the expedition team was awesome too: 

When I came back I wrote a few articles for various worldwide publications about my trip. But I'd also written a diary whilst I was away and when I looked at the diary I realised that I had some great material which I didn't want to put to waste. And I saw a gap in the market. There are generic travel guides to Antarctica (like a Lonely Planet etc) but there isn't a guide which tells readers exactly what it's like, with top tips for what to do/what to pack/what to wear/how long to go for etc.
And so I set about writing a unique travel guide, chronicling my expedition from beginning to end, including the highs (penguins/icebergs/extreme hiking/extreme kayaking) and the lows (sea sickness!) And at the end of each chapter are top tips for people about to go to Antarctica themselves or interested in either going or in the polar regions.
I'm so proud of the book which is available from Amazon sites worldwide in kindle as well as in paperback  - here's the cover:
So, if you're interested in adventure travel or polar regions or penguins, this book is a must-read - inspired by early explorer Ernest Shackleton's diary - Shackleton attempted to cross Antarctica from one side to the other in the early 1900s.
It's available worldwide from Amazon, but here are the US and UK links:
US: amzn.to/2TfTox3
UK: amzn.to/2Y4X1K1

Happy exploring the world - at least you won't get as cold as I did in Antarctica just by looking at this book! And if you don't think you'll ever be able to make it to Antarctica yourself, you'll feel as if you have been there after you've read this...

To return to Jo's website please click on the link below:
www.jokessel.com

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you are really BRAVE! that Arctic plunge photo photo of you in your bikini frolicking in the frigid (hurting cold) Antarctic water with the cruise ship Hurtigruten and the rugged coast of Antarctica in the background is extremely awe inspiring!

    My customer panty-modelling and review blog Full Brief Panties
    My customer panty-modelling and review YouTube misterpantybuns's YouTube videos
    My Twitter @Panty_Buns

    ReplyDelete